FIRST HOME OWNER GRANT
The First Home Owner Grant is the Australian Government’s helping hand, making it easier
for first home owners to realise their home ownership dreams. Here’s a handy overview to help you find out if you qualify for the grant and other practical information.
What is the First Home Owner Grant?
- The Australian Government offers the First Home Owners Grant (often referred to as FHOG), as a one-off financial grant, to eligible home buyers who are buying or building their first home.
- The FHOG is aimed at helping eligible first time buyers by providing them a lump-sum payment to offset purchase costs including transfer duty (stamp duty) and legal fees.
- The grant is tax-free and is not means tested.
- Each state sets a property value limit for grant eligibility. Check with your own state government’s requirements regarding property value limits.
- In some states there are additional incentives for first home owners who are building a new home, so it pays to do some research to find out if you are eligible for other types of financial assistance.
How much is the grant?
The amount of the FHOG varies depending on the state or territory in which you live.
Please check the Australian Federal Government website www.firsthome.gov.au for more information.
Let's Work Together
- As a first home owner you may be eligible for exemptions or concessions on the transfer duty (stamp duty) for your new home.
- These concessions and exemptions are dependent on the value of your home or property if you build on vacant land.
Want to know more? Visit the Australian Federal Government website to find out about the savings you may be eligible for.
How we can help!
Talk to one of our sales consultants about your plans and we can assist you with your Zen Built Dream Home!
Proudly Building Architecturally Designed Homes In Melbourne